bellyHood.com Widget-Fetal Monitor-Baby Cam

14 Jan 2012

My first experience



Hope your all feeling well girls, what a beautiful experience you are in for. Those are the most precious times I can remember is when you first get to hold your beautiful little bundle after all of that hard work. The first time for me I was only 15 and at that age your still a child yourself. But I was able to keep my situation a secret from my family up until I was 7 months pregnant, at which time my mother said to me your putting on a little weight aren't you,your not pregnant are you? I said yes I think so.

For some silly reason I thought if I didn't think about it perhaps it wouldn't happen. Plus I thought my parents would kill me, but they were so wonderful and so kind to me.  I used to get breakfast in bed every morning and we started getting baby things organised as there wasn't alot of time left. But OMG!! when the night finally arrived I wouldn't tell them because I was so terrified of what was about to happen (reality kicked in). So by the time the pain was that unbearable I had to say something and off we went to the hospital it was winter time and there was snow on the road, as mum and dad were packing me into the car dad handed me a hot water bottle, which was so comforting and off we went. It was about a half an hour drive but it seemed to take forever.

I kept asking mum to stop the car as I really felt like I needed to go to the toilet badly but she wouldn't stop (just as well as I know that feeling was it was time to start pushing). Once at the hospital I felt a little more at ease as thats where they know what they are doing. I was then prepared and taken into delivery. Your told the pain is bad but you don't realise how bad! The breathing certainly helps though and all I could think of with each pain was that the baby is closer to being here. Finally my beautiful little girl arrived she was 6lb 13oz, it was such an amazing experience, because all of that time I was pregnant it was just like a lump in my tummy that moved,  but then wow it was a baby from me, sounds silly I guess but being that age I guess reality doesn't actually hit you until you see for yourself. Best experience ever and I was so proud of my beautiful little girl.

The only bad thing was this nasty old sister that must have had a thing about young mothers,she was an absolute horror, I still remember her grey curly hair and pointy glasses and she was short and fat. Anyway she was very rude and nasty. Funny thing was that my Auntie happened to be part of the hospital board so she came in and saw me and as soon as the old bat turned up, she gave it to her, telling her how disgusting the ward was, she ran her finger along the bar under my bed to show her the dust that had accumulated under there and that she had better get her ward sorted out to the right standards or else!

So having been told who my Aunt actually was, she then changed her attitude toward me and was so much nicer. So it would've been a lot worse for young mothers back then that had no support as there were some terrible women working in those places at that time (that was back in 79). Everything has changed now and a lot of them are so kind and caring, you will no doubt catch the odd one, but go for it and report them because people like that should not be working in a place like that.

Anyway take care until next time and drop me a line if you want would love to hear how your going :) and don't forget to ask your doctor about the folic acid tablets you should be taking everyday, these are a must while pregnant. Mothers that haven't taken them for baby,  it has been found to cause spina bifida in babies. So get onto it if you haven't already as some doctors I have noticed do forget and I have had to ask for them myself. Heres a handy link for you to look at http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/
Best wishes Skorpian.

No comments:

Post a Comment